Handing over of flats, houses or handing over of commercial real estate is not always possible without complications. Whether it is a commercial lease contract that included and terminated the use of the commercial property, or the rental agreement for an apartment or house. The problems are often similar. So, the tenants sometimes do not see or may not notice that they should return the apartment, apartment building or commercial property to be handed over in the previously contractually agreed condition. Sometimes they even leave rough damage and tons of garbage (Messi-Sydrom). On the other hand, the landlord or lessor sometimes demands far too much from the outgoing contractual partners.
The following are examples from everyday appraisal of damage and defects left by tenants:
- gross damage to the rental property
- acute and atypical wear and tear
- mold infestation due to misuse
- stolen installations or other objects
- extreme pollution in general
- nicotine damage from heavy smoking
- damaged natural stone coverings, parquets or similar
- extreme pollution and damage from pets
- pets left behind
- infestation with pests (mice, rats, cockroaches etc.)
- garbage left behind
- broken windows and glass doors
- neglect of reasonable duties of care and custody
As mentioned at the beginning, however, the landlords sometimes make excessive, not legitimate, demands on the former tenant. In most cases this will then be announced for settlement against the rent deposit left.
Examples for this are:
- offsetting of worn objects that have already exceeded their intended useful life (e.g. carpets, etc.)
- unreasonably transferred renovation and renovation obligations
- unacceptably transferred cosmetic repairs
- inadmissible transfer or offsetting of maintenance work
- calculation of damages that are not attributable to the tenant
The Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office is happy to be available as a neutral arbitrator / witness, but also as an expert for recording damage and defects or for logging the property transfer.
In all activities of the construction expert, it must be taken into account that the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office generally assumes a neutral position. The impartiality is confirmed in writing in every report or protocol. We will not favor any party in the handover of apartments, house handovers or the handover of commercial property. Fair agreements should be reached with which both parties are satisfied when the deal is concluded.
The costs for the expert services of the expert office Holzmann-Bauberatung® in relation to real estate handovers or property approvals depend on the desired and / or necessary scope of the services and the associated effort.