Independent and neutral, technical advice when buying property is an essential requirement if you are not a specialist. Here it is secondary whether you only want to buy a condominium, a single-family house, an apartment building or maybe a commercial property.
When buying property, the monetary effort is always considerable. It is not uncommon for such a purchase of a home or a future company headquarters to come close to the limits of what is financially viable. If after the purchase and any down payments already made, there are construction defects and damage to the wallpaper, this can be quite ruinous. as a buyer, you have certain inspection obligations even without building expertise and a withdrawal from the contract after a signed purchase contract is usually only given in the event of proven, fraudulent deception (fraud) and this usually means long-standing legal proceedings with an uncertain outcome.
The expert office Holzmann-Bauberatung® accompanies you with the knowledge of a civil engineer and craftsman when buying a property and offers you, for example, the following services, which you can commission in whole or in part:
- verification and control of the construction documents (building description, specifications, sales contract, etc.), if necessary, also with an approved specialist lawyer
- examination of unclear and / or ambiguous building specifications or exposés
- inspection of the respective property with review of all relevant areas, also as a collection date for, for example, owner communities
- registration of all construction defects, construction damage and conspicuous inconsistencies
- creation of requests for rectification of defects, acceptance reports
- checking the usable area and / or the living space
- checking of all building changes in old buildings (renovations, modernizations, additions, etc. carried out during the period of use)
- checking the specified infrastructures
- checking the offer price, existing rents and average actual rental rates of the given region, if necessary, with the involvement of an experienced, neutral specialist in the area of valuation
- creation of technically backed photo documentation (synopsis) for apartment buildings and suchlike. If necessary, with the involvement of a trained and experienced photographer, a graphic designer and an offset printing company for optimal presentation for sales or rental offers
- listing and dating of the foreseeable, future necessary or currently to be completed renovation and / or modernization services including the expected costs for this (see also Technical Due Diligence)
Of course, we also check the condition of the buildings on site, but it should be noted that only non-destructive measurement methods can be used, as long as the seller has not given approval to the contrary or the property has not yet been bought. Please note that the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office is NOT a brokerage office and therefore there are no price negotiations with the seller. The expert office Holzmann-Bauberatung®, as an expert engineering office, examines defects and damage exclusively in accordance with technical and scientific practice.
The costs for a real estate check before the purchase by the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office are fundamentally dependent on the effort and thus the property. Of course, we, as certified experts for structural damage and construction defects, also examine your property after the actual purchase and help you in the event of a fraudulent deception or for renovation with the corresponding expert service and of course also stand for this specialist lawyers to the side if necessary.
We are often asked what documents are needed before an inspection. Since the basic substance of the object is first checked on site, no documents are required before the inspection. Only when the basic principles are known it makes sense to carry out a further examination. In this way, the costs of such inspections remain reasonable.