A renovation concept in construction is a detailed proposal for the process and type of renovation that is individually tailored to a renovation project of an old building. This may include the following items, for example:
- scope of the renovation
- suggestions / results for necessary laboratory tests
- suggestions / results for tests, in particular the load capacity and the like
- list and definition of monument conservation requirements
- list and definition of general legal requirements
- renovation schedule
- recommended procedure for renovation
- instructions for securing the construction site
- recommended building materials and products for renovation
- processing instructions for the building materials and building products
- recommended continuous checks or follow-up checks
Refurbishment concepts are, at best, sensitively planned building templates. The creation of which claims extensive knowledge of the renovation of old buildings in general, but also explicitly knowledge for the object to be renovated must be available. This often requires in-depth knowledge of building materials on both ancient and modern building materials and their compatibility with one another.
The expert office Holzmann-Bauberatung® has been offering renovation concepts since the company was founded and can look back on the wealth of experience of the expert and civil engineer Gerhard Holzmann, who was involved in numerous renovations as a craftsman and engineer. So, his professional career as a plasterer began as an apprentice and journeyman with objects such as the Bavarian State Chancellery at the Hofgarten in Munich or the Kurshaustheater in Augsburg / Göggingen. Later, as head of a stucco company (master company), he carried out self-planned renovations. As a construction consultant and young engineer, he wrote the first renovation concepts for a number of historic buildings in Augsburg and the surrounding area on behalf of a dry mortar manufacturer, with whom he was employed, before he founded the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office in 2000. It is therefore fair to say that renovation of old buildings was learned from scratch at the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office.
The costs for the preparation of renovation concepts by the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office are fundamentally dependent on the effort and thus the object and can never be reliably estimated in advance on a serious basis.