Building materials advice is particularly recommended for builders who place special demands on their living space and its room climate or who are not sure which building materials are best suited to their conditions and circumstances. Since dealers or manufacturers are naturally only interested in selling their own product range, neutral and independent advice on building materials is not to be expected.
The range of building materials is so diverse that it is difficult to survey and since every manufacturer wants to see their product at the forefront, the truth is sometimes not dealt with. The market is distorted with any means or with more appearance advertised as being. Examples for this are:
- environmental and health labels whose promises sound more than what they actually mean
- corporate groups and sales cooperatives that (each other not or only barely recognizable from the outside) advertise themselves
- incomplete product declarations
- advertising that suggests wrong properties or is even completely untrue
- hidden ingredients through irritating labels
- party advice from craft businesses as well as planners
- advantage based on rumors
It may well be that you have a product with several environmental labels, recommended by different associations, institutes, dealers and craftsmen and with labels such as “allergy-friendly”, “free of plasticizers” etc. and end up with something that is harmful to your health and is of no use for your situation because you fell for a multitude of small falsehoods and marketing tricks. You may have forgotten:
- that associations are also founded and financed by industries
- that research work and test certificates are very often commissioned by industries and tasks are always defined in advance by the client
- that institutes are often only sales promoters of small and medium-sized companies
- that dealers mainly sell what they earn the most and are best equipped by the manufacturers
- that tradesmen, like retailers, also earn money from the sale of products and receive some “gifts” for their loyalty from retailers and manufacturers
- that manufacturers always see their product at the very front
The expert office Holzmann-Bauberatung® advises you completely independently and neutrally about the building materials available on the market and offers, for example, the following services:
- inspection of the construction site and / or discussion of the construction plans
- consideration of allergies / intolerances, possibly including product samples
- creation of a building material list, if available with detailed product declarations
- creation of processing and installation instructions
This applies not only to the generally used building materials, but also to natural building materials, for which the certified building expert and civil engineer Gerhard Holzmann has written a comprehensive study book in which he uses various plant-based building materials, from sowing to industrial preparation up to processing on the construction site, not only summarized in writing, but also traveled personally to each of these locations and thus looked behind the facades.
The costs for advice on building materials from the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office are fundamentally dependent on the work involved and the property. It is important to note that the Holzmann-Bauberatung® expert office does not offer any building materials for purchase and, as a neutral and independent consultant, does not receive any commissions or the like from the respective product providers.